CAT-I VIBRATION ANALYSIS (VCAT I)
JUNIOR VIBRATION ANALYST TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
BASIC COURSE AND MOBIUS INSTITUTE CERTIFICATION
The ISO 18436 VA CAT-I course is the ideal starting place for new vibration analysts, people collecting vibration data, and
those who want a better understanding of vibration analysis and Condition Maintenance.
Students will come away from this course with a very good understanding of vibration analysis fundamentals, understanding
of how to take good measurements and analyse vibration spectra.
Additionally they acquire the knowledge relating to:
• The benefits of performing condition monitoring and improving reliability
• The condition monitoring technologies: acoustic emission, infrared analysis (thermography), oil analysis, wear
particle analysis, motor testing
• How machines work – via supplementary self-study using the “Equipment Knowledge” section
• How vibration measurements can tell about the condition of the machine
• How to collect good, repeatable measurements
• What the F max, resolution, averaging and other analyser settings mean
• How to analyse vibration spectra, and the basics of fault diagnosis: unbalance, misalignment, looseness, rolling
element bearings faults, resonance, and other conditions
• An introduction to setting alarm limits
• Public/Private – 4-day course including review and exam
• Online – set of training videos 30 hours, additional time for online exam
• Online self-paced (using internet tools)
• Private onsite
• Public/Private Course Pre-study – access to the Mobius Institute Learning Zone before the class and for 4- months after
• Online Learning – access to the Mobius Institute LMS for a period of 4-months.
• Course Materials – printed and/or online
MIBoC Certification examination, 60 questions, 2 hours, 70% passing grade
Prior experience is not required for attending the training course or taking the examination, but 6 months of relevant
experience is required for ISO certification.