VIBRATION ANALYSIS (VCAT II)
INTERMEDIATE VIBRATION ANALYST TRAINING AND MOBIUS INSTITUTE CERTIFICATION
The ISO 18436 VA CAT-II course is intended for people who have mastered the basics but who need to be able to take good data, and decide how the data collector should be set up, analyse a range of fault conditions, and understand balancing & alignment.
Students will come away from this course with a very good understanding about signal processing, time waveform and phase analysis, crosschannel testing, machine dynamics, and fault correction, especially:
- How a well-designed program and a reliability centred maintenance approach improve the OEE
- The CM technologies: acoustic emission, infrared analysis (thermography), oil analysis, wear particle analysis, & motor testing
- How machines work; via supplementary self-study using the “Equipment Knowledge” section
- How to select the correct measurement location and axis, and collect good, repeatable measurements
- What the Fmax, resolution, averaging and other analyser settings mean, and how to select the optimum settings for a wide variety of machine types
- How to analyse vibration spectra, time waveforms, envelope (demodulation), and phase measurements
- How to diagnose: unbalance, eccentricity, misalignment, bent shaft, cocked bearing, looseness, rolling element bearings faults, journal bearing faults, gearbox faults, resonance, and other conditions
- How to set alarm limits manually and with statistics
- How to balance and align a machine, and correct a resonance condition
- Public/Private – 5-day course including review and exam
- Online – set of training videos 38 hours, additional time for online exam
- Online self-paced (using internet tools)
- Private onsite
- Public/Private Course Pre-study – access to the Mobius Institute Learning Zone before the class and for 4- months after course completion.
- Online Learning – access to the Mobius Institute LMS for a period of 4-months.
- Course Materials – printed and/or online
MIBoC Certification examination, 100 questions, 3 hours, 70% passing grade
A valid CAT-I is not required for attending the training course or taking the examination, but 18 months of relevant
experience is required for ISO certification.